Friday, January 13, 2012

Dar did not return last night

I had a lonely night. No tv or video games, No Dar to curl up to. Mom came in at 4:30am to feed me - canned cat food - heaven. When mom came home from work she and dad did some talking on the phone, sounded like Dar was doing fine, stopped at Mic's house last night, and then drove in a car caravan back to Lubbock today. Dar had some car trouble. Mom called him and learned that he had been in Drive2 going 60 mph on the highway and for 30 seconds thought the car was going to explode! When he pulled over, Mic came from her car and asked what was wrong. Dar was on the phone to dad at the time and missed hearing her voice say through the window that he was in the wrong gear for high speed driving. Smart Girl! She will go far in the human world!

After her phone conversations, mom played with me for quite awhile, then had to run some errands. She tried to talk to me and explain what was going on. I looked interested but my main concern was getting that canned cat food.

One annoying habit mom has is the demand that I not bite her! Doesn't she know that I am trying to get her attention to provide whatever it is that I want? She has insisted that I rub against her leg if I want to be fed. I have even started to give my tiny meow (it is embarrassing to have such a puny meow, but I lived on my own for so long and was in fear for my life on many occasions. I wasn't very trusting of humans, or dogs, or cars...).

Mom found a bouncy ball and I could not resist chasing it! She told me that Dar had always wanted a brave cat that would chase balls and toy cars... but neither of the previous family cats had had the courage to chase (I think it was because they were both girl cats, you know how girls are). The more recent cat, Emma, did like to play with grasshoppers, scoop them up in her paws and fling them into the air, chasing them as they flew through the air. I think I would have liked Emma! But she missed the point of hunting, which is to eat what you catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment