Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekends are GREAT part 2


January 15, 2012 afternoon
Mom and dad were playing with me just before lunch and I followed the string into the kitchen. Now, I have just begun to feel secure in the kitchen (it’s big and sound travels like in a cavern), but I followed that string with abandon. 









I leapt onto the pile of laundry in an attempt to catch the string. Mom says the string was Emma’s favorite too. It reminded her of the geckos that would get into the house in the summer. Now that is something to look forward to!
















This afternoon the sun has disappeared, and the wind has picked up. It’s beginning to look like winter. But the big house is warm and the carpet feels cozy. I finally gave up after lunch and went to Dar's room to take a nap. Mom came in to check on me and she stroked me between my eyes. I forgot myself and started purring...

There is a big window in Dar's room and I can watch the wind blow the tree branches. It is comforting and hypnotic...
 I feel safe in my, oops, Dar's room. I think I'll sleep awhile.


















This afternoon I want to discuss the closed door. This big house has one door that remains closed to me! I know what is behind the door and what I desire most (except for Dar to return) is inside that room. Dad and mom sleep in that room, and they have a big platform bed. The second night Dar brought me here from Lubbock I got into that room and squeezed below the base and the platform of their bed! They could not get me out! I’d finally found the best replacement to Dar’s old house crawl space! And it was warm and safe. But mom and Dar lifted off the mattress and the slats and Dar hoisted me out like he was momma cat carrying her kitten by the scruff of its neck! I was humbled and humiliated.







I managed to get in a second time when dad forgot to close the door, and I stayed under the bed until 1:30am when I crawled out and returned to Dar. He had kept his door open for me! I have a feeling that after a month or two of my new diet I won't be able to get under that bed.




1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that Chester has his own blog. I'll bet he misses Dar. I know my kids missed having cats. Mean old rommate. I'm GLAD he is leaving! But what happens to the blog after that????

    ReplyDelete