Monday, January 23, 2012

Chester (oops!) Chessie the Adopted Cat!


Mom has been calling me “Chessie, such a good girl” off and on for awhile, by accident (since she has had 2 girls cats), much to my embarrassment (and mom's as you will see). Well...

Today Dr. Mendoza took me to a quiet room to obtain a stool sample, take blood for feline leukemia tests... and returned me to mom saying "Chestine is in good shape!" The vet told me that I was very well behaved. And she said that I had a great personality. She confirmed that I am actually a 1 year old female. When mom told Dar he said “How did that happen?” And at one time Dar thought he'd be a vet! Don't worry Dar, I was fooled too, but what do I know, I'm just a cat! I trust you completely.

I have gained weight, but now I’m a bit overweight! So mom has to cut back on what she feeds me. Also, the vet told me that I have beautiful teeth, except for the broken canine (which will be extracted soon). And that I am in good health given my history. Everyone at the hospital commented on how cute I am! 

When mom asked about my biting, Dr. Mendoza said that I bite the hand that feeds me because I (and most female cats) don’t like to be mushed over. I flick my tail in warning to lay off for awhile. As long as Dar can accept that he will have a really great cat! In my defense, the vet told mom that, for a female cat, Emma was very unusual, she loved to be petted, would lie on mom’s lap for hours and purr, and would let mom hold and carry her everywhere.


Once I got home I gave myself a good wash to remove the hospital smell. Then I had some dinner, and headed to my room to take a nap.

Mom asked Dar if he was sure he wanted me and he said "Of course!" Just what I wanted to hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment