Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weekends are GREAT! Part 1

January 15, 2012 morning
Dar has been gone for 4 days now. That’s how long he was gone when he visited Mic for Christmas, therefore he should arrive anytime today! Does that look like the face of a guy who would abandon his beloved cat? I don't think so!










On the other hand, he does look a bit shifty...


Meanwhile, I am really trying to fit in here at the big house. Mom wakes me up early and feeds me some great canned food. She knows from experience that I only really like the gravy, so she chops the food real tiny and adds more water to extend the gravy. She told me that her Emma liked it that way too. And, I now eat my meals in the kitchen! And, mom talks to me whenever she is near me. It is making me want to talk back. Today I gave her a full voice meow after breakfast! Hey, do I look like I'm getting fat? Maybe it's the angle of the photo.




Today mom opened a new bag of dry food, Purina something, and I’m not sure I like it. She finally put some on my scratching post in the living room, in the sunshine, and I nibbled at it. But, she may have to break down and buy IAMS instead. If I get really hungry at night I guess it will be OK. I definitely look like I've gained some weight!





Ick! Where is my IAMS?
Is that a bird I hear? Where is the Squirrel? Anything to get out of eating this stuff...











I'm not too proud. An hour later I came back and  finished off the Purina. Maybe it's not so bad! I don't like surprises early in the morning.




 I have kept up my nocturnal activities, Dar will be proud.  Mom even photographed the evidence. Toys were spread out everywhere this morning.  In one corner...


















and in the other corner! Even the brush that smells like Emma.



I appreciate the sun shining into the living room each morning. Dad gave me some exercise. And the backyard has so much to watch, squirrels, birds, cats. Mom told me about the anoles that live in the backyard and hide in the siding. But to get those I’ll have to brave about going outside. I don’t think mom is ready to let me out.  She probably thinks I’ll run away. But I know I need both dad and mom to serve me in this new life of luxury. I’m in no hurry to get out yet and things are cool here. There will be plenty of time to get out once I get back to Lubbock.


I just jumped up to see what mom was writing in my blog, I want to be sure she is accurate! I'd say it looks pretty good. And if it gets Dar to come home I'll be happy to pose for photos. Dar, if you read this there is something you need to know. Mom now calls me Chess...like I'm some sort of board game! Help. Next thing you know she'll dress me in doll cloths like the red cat, Eric, from her childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment