Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sunny Saturday


The sun is out today and I discovered how much fun it is to be in the living room! Mom moved the scratching post into the living room and I had a great time. She even pointed out a cat in the backyard. I crept very quickly to the big window and peered over the edge to get a better look. It was a big orange cat that mom said looks sick (it’s lost a lot of weight lately…maybe abandoned like I was). I inherited the scratching post from the former family cat, Emma. She must have loved it as much as I do, it has been used in all of the right spots, and I am now getting down to the underlying wood in those spots!

I am getting good at rubbing against legs to order my food, and have gone through 2 cans today (so far) Of course I don’t eat everything like I did in the beginning. I leave enough to keep mom on her toes! Dad even bought me a new bag of dry food (since Dar forgot to stock up on supplies before leaving).

I forgot to tell you that yesterday I began communicating with mom! She spotted 2 squirrels in the backyard, and sent me a very serious, urgent message to come to the window and see what was outside. I’m glad that I came at her urging. I had never seen squirrels before and they are amazing! Not only can they climb trees, but they can leap to other trees.

Even though I love using the scratching post, it turns out that mom is not happy that I leave little snags on the sofa cover. My nails are long and sharp and when I stretch I accidently snag the cloth. Mom is talking about having Dar come get me. If I thought it would work, I would snag everything I could reach in hopes of having him come back.

The mail just came and Dar just received a certificate for being on The Dean's Honor List at college!!! Way to go Dar. I think Mic is a good influence on him! The commotion woke me up from my nap on Dar's bed!

Mom figured out how to protect her sofa...an old beach towel now covers my favorite end, and it feels just as good as before. Plus, my claws don't get stuck!

Tonight I actually watched an interesting commercial on TV about a pig holding whirlybirds and flying down a mountain in some sort of harness, squealing all the way! I watched the entire episode. What will they think of next?

Guess it's about time for bed. I'll dream of Dar, and hope I see him soon.







No comments:

Post a Comment